Monday, January 21, 2013

happy one week



Happy One Week

happy one week old


As of 1516 this afternoon, (which is now) my little angel is officially one week old!  It's only been a week, but I have already seen so many changes in Mila and I find myself wishing that you could just stay this little forever (although, I know I'll love every age and stage you go through).

A lot has happened in the first week, here are some updates;

Firsts:   A lot of firsts this week (obviously) but some big firsts were:
Born January 14, 2013 weighing 7lbs 7ounces
First Dr.  appointment January 17, 2013 weighing 7lbs 10ounces, January 21, 2013 8lbs 1ounce
First bath ( well this was at the hospital a few hours after you were born)
First car ride January 15, 2013
First time napping in her bassinet January 15, 2013


sleeping in your bassinet

Sleep:   you my love to sleep constantly... you pretty much just wake up to eat and then fall back asleep again, in the beginning you loved to be double swaddled and then laid on a very soft blanket.  This is not the case anymore, you started to move your arms out so momma gave up and STOP the swaddling.

Daily Routine: We don't have much of a routine yet...we pretty much just do whatever you want. So far our schedule seems to be Mila napping for about 2-3 hours at a time and then waking up for a feeding. Feedings last about a half an hour and then you fall  back asleep for a few hours.

Feed: You little missy are having a hard time feeding, your stressing momma out.  In the beginning we had a little bit of trouble with the formula, you wouldn’t drink it, you would spite it up and this caused concerned in the hospital.  The pediatrician had the nurses putting a feeding tube in you.  Momma couldn’t watch because I knew this was painful.  You had x-rays done on your little tummy, just to make sure everything was intact .  Good News is everything came back positive.    The pediatrician put you on ``Alimentum Hypoallergenic`` formula thinking is could be a milk allergy.  We had you on this for the first week and as of Saturday you are using Similac .  So far so good, you are peeing, pooing and taking about two ounces every two hours.  As of today the DR has recommended that we switch you to the ``Nestle Good Start``.  My poor little muffin so many different trails, let’s hope this work.  I will start this immediately today.

Diaper Size: Newborn
Clothes Size: Newborn, but we have been putting her in some 0-3 month clothes and they are a little baggy, but they work.
Hair Color: Very dark at birth
Eye Color: Black
Funniest Moment: It is SO funny to watch YOU search around for food. I swear she could make herself crawl to food if she had to. 

search around for food

search around for food


Other: I can't believe my little angel is already one week old! It seems like this week just flew by. I love everything about being your mom. This past week that we have been home, I have barely left the house because I just sit and watch you. You make the cutest sighs and coos while you sleep, and the cutest facial expressions when your just waking up.

Being a mom is without a doubt, the most amazing thing in the world. It isn't the most glamorous job, but it is the most rewarding and fulfilling job. Our first night home from the hospital, I was so emotional because I was just in awe that this amazing little girl was all ours forever.

Love You Angel Face


No comments:

Post a Comment